Ahmad Shah Mohibi is the Founder and President of Rise to Peace, where he also functions as the Director of Counter Terrorism. In this latter role, his contributions include field research and analyses of policy issues related to terrorism, violent extremism, human rights, national security, and peace building efforts. Impressively, the government, intelligence communities and international development organizations have relied on his research for decision-making. Ahmad regularly presents at symposiums, conferences and discussion panels, and has authored numerous articles and reports for national and international newspapers and magazines. He presented the ‘Special Report on Child Terrorists and Violent Extremism in Afghanistan,’ ‘The Afghan Peace Talks: Feasible, or Futile?’ and ‘How to Counter the Islamic State.’ Ahmad frequently provides news analysis and commentary to media outlets, including the Washington Examiner, Voice of America, Aljazeera, Ariana News, Mitra News, The Diplomat Magazine, and TOLOnews.
Prior to that, Ahmad worked for over 12 years supporting the United States government in various roles regarding counter-terrorism, diplomatic negotiations, peace processes, international development, and national security, including agencies such as the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), to build the Justice Center in Parwan — a special tribunal where foreign and domestic terrorists were prosecuted in Afghanistan. Ahmad displayed his ongoing loyalty to democracy by faithfully assisting the troops in the war zones of Afghanistan to combat terrorism. Ahmad is fluent in five languages and holds an M.A. in International Policy and Practice from George Washington University. He graduated with Honors from George Mason University, where he earned a B.A. degree in International Affairs and Political Science.
“Different does not mean wrong but instead represents countless opportunities to embrace the beauty of what is unique about people and learn to understand the many cultures around the world” – Ahmad Mohibi
- “What 9/11 Means to Me,” Rise to Peace, 11 September 2018
- “Cure For A Chronic Disease,” Asian Affairs, September 2018
- “The Afghan peace talks: Feasible, or futile?,” Washington Examiner, 26 August 2018
- “Afghanistan: A Game of Thrones,” The Diplomat, 24 July 2018
- “The 40-year Afghan War and the Everlasting Hope for Peace,” Rise to Peace, 28 April 2018
- “Special Report on Child Terrorists and Violent Extremism in Afghanistan,” Rise to Peace, 25 April 2018
- “Protect the People, Not the Guns That Kill Them” International Policy Digest, 20 February 2018