Fundraising & Grant-writing Intern
Rise to Peace works to defeat the evils of extremist ideology around the globe
- Conducting in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives.
- Contributing significantly to source identification, feasibility analysis, and the proposal drafting process.
- Assisting with development of program specific grant proposals and bids to corporate, foundation and government funders
- Performing grant writing, grant management, funding opportunity research, resource research
- Working with Executive Director, assisting with fundraising, producing events, analyzing strategic plans
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising events
Marketing, fundraising, and event planning duties are:
- Helping to identify new donors and organizing initiatives to solicit funding
- Helping to cultivate and nurture successful and productive relationships with current and potential sponsors, funders, and individual donors;
- Attending strategic meetings, helping to plan benefits/fundraising events or campaigns, and distributing marketing materials.
- Contribute to the RTP communication strategy (in relation to fundraising) as required
- Represent and be the ‘face’ of RTP to the donors/supporters
- Network effectively and ensure RTP is maximizing opportunities for funding and development at all times
- Maintain organized and efficient records of all activities and contacts
- Maintain an up to date awareness of IF activities so that fundraising activities are appropriate and informed correctly.
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of an Executive Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Enhanced relationship building skills
- An understanding of budgets (for grant reporting)
- Technical Skills- Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com