Ahmad Shah Mohibi is the founder of Rise to Peace. In this role, he conducts research and analyzes policy issues related to terrorism, violent extremism, international security, and peace peacebuilding efforts to help inform the policy practitioners, analysts, the private sector, international and non-governmental organizations. Prior to that, he served as a Program Advisor to the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Afghanistan, where he helped coordinate, implement, and monitor interconnected projects, including the $10 million initiative to build the Justice Center in Parwan. Prior to the State Department, Ahmad assisted the United States Military in various capacities to help provide comprehensive strategic planning and project management in support of the NATO-led Resolute Support mission to train, advise and assist the Afghan security forces and institutions. He holds a Master in International Policy and Practice from George Washington University and a BA in Government and International Politics from George Mason University.
Regularly presents at symposiums, conferences and discussion panels, and has authored numerous articles and reports for national and international newspapers and magazines. Frequently provides news analysis and commentary to media outlets, including the Washington Examiner, Voice of America, Aljazeera, Ariana News, The Diplomat Magazine, and TOLOnews.
“Different does not mean wrong but instead represents countless opportunities to embrace the beauty of what is unique about people and learn to understand the many cultures around the world” – Ahmad Shah Mohibi
- Hopes For Cease-fire After The Doha Intra-Afghan Dialogue, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, July 1, 2019
- Where the Afghan Peace Process is Going?, The Geopolitics, July 12, 2019
- Peace in Afghanistan Requires Pakistan, The New Delhi Times, July 4, 2019
- “What 9/11 Means to Me,” Rise to Peace, 11 September 2018
- “Cure For A Chronic Disease,” Asian Affairs, September 2018
- “The Afghan peace talks: Feasible, or futile?,” Washington Examiner, 26 August 2018
- “Afghanistan: A Game of Thrones,” The Diplomat, 24 July 2018
- “The 40-year Afghan War and the Everlasting Hope for Peace,” Rise to Peace, 28 April 2018
- “Special Report on Child Terrorists and Violent Extremism in Afghanistan,” Rise to Peace, 25 April 2018